Purpose of the course: The course explores the production techniques of the main ceramic glazes and other coatings. Or how glazes, crystalline glazes and pigments are produced. Even if today these materials are purchased on the market without problems, technical knowledge of them can greatly help the professional to experiment with variants and apply modifications with surprising results.
What you will learn: With this course the student learns the basics of ceramic coatings, a topic that has remained in the safe-keeping of specialist technical knowledge for too long. This is a fundamental knowledge for ceramic technology which these days risks disappearing forever, causing negative repercussions for the whole ceramic artisan world.
Certification: Certificate of attendance and participation and the training booklet of the Centre for Ceramics Experimentation of Montelupo
- Coatings: what they are
- The raw materials needed for production
- Coatings: who produces them and where to buy them
- Glazes and other coatings: essential elements on how they are produced
- The necessary equipment for artisan level production
- Practical lessons
- Production of a frit
- Production of a crystalline glaze
- Production of a glaze
- Production of a pigment / dye
- Production of colours