Purpose of the course: The course deepens knowledge of techniques of treatment of ceramic surfaces, especially regarding the application of specific textures and particular coatings. The knowledge gained allows for a more advanced view of the possibilities that ceramics offer in symbiosis with advanced technologies such as inkjet, 3D , laser.
What you will learn: The participant acquires specific knowledge on the most up-to-date technical advances for the treatment of ceramic surfaces, not only of the artisan type, but also with regard to industrial technologies that can be imported into the ceramic sector for daily use or for the purposes of furnishings surfaces.
Certification: Certificate of attendance and participation and the training booklet of the Centre for Ceramics Experimentation of Montelupo
- Analysis of the textures used by the designers of the 1900s and 2000s on ceramic surfaces related to artisan (objects) and industrial (tile) products
- Analysis of the most advanced ceramic coatings and their possible applications for artisans
- Demonstration and experimentation of surface treatments with special techniques: screen printing, photoceramics
- Demonstration and experimentation of surface treatments with computer controlled machines: 3D printer for ceramic, laser engraver
- Analysis of the commercial potential of these treatments