Purpose of the course: The course deepens knowledge of RAKU firing techniques. With this technique, originally from Japan, the student will be able to make tableware and bowls inspired by the ancient tradition of the rising sun. This technique, which is now very widespread even in the West, requires adequate technical knowledge without which the student could not express their creativity.
What you learn: The student learns the essential techniques for this very original and creative type of firing.
Artifacts: All the artifacts made by the students are their property and will be handed thandedo them at the end of the course.
Certification: Certificate of attendance and participation and copy of the training booklet of the Experimental Ceramics Center of Montelupo
- Introduction to the raku technique and brief historical summary
- Creation of artefacts with specific clays for raku
- Analysis of the materials, substances and equipment necessary for this type of activity
- Application of coatings and colours on pre-made objects and objects
- Analysis of the raku kiln and its difference with other kilns
- Turning on the oven and firing the manufactured products